Network Monitoring comes in all shapes and sizes. It can be as complex as a multi-site WAN distributed solution. Or, it could be as simple as reacting to end-users phone calls claiming that they can’t receive email.
But a common theme across the Network Monitoring spectrum is that in all cases, network downtime can cost companies. This number could run up to fifty thousand dollars an hour or more with the mix of lost productivity and revenue.
Here are five things to think about when looking at Monitoring solutions.
- Discover: Intelligently discover your network devices.
- Map: Elegantly build a visual topographical map of your network.
- Monitor: Look at specific services, critical applications and assure availability.
- Alerting: Let’s you know when you have a problem on your network?
- Reporting: With all of the data that is being collected, present it in a legible format.