Would you pay eight times the price of an apple for the same apple or even a less appetizing apple? My guess is absolutely not. Maybe you’ve seen the apples-to-apples comparison on our website. If not, check it out. Needless to say, WhatsUp Gold delivers more for your money than the competition. Cough, cough, Solarwinds.
Whether it’s our device-based pricing system, array of plug-ins, or comprehensive and easy-to-use interface, WhatsUp Gold offers a superior value. Our apples-to-apples comparison of WhatsUp Gold vs. SolarWinds Orion pretty much sums it up.
WhatsUp Gold offers:
- Out of the box support for custom and non-custom MIBS
- Mobile Access
- Real-time alerts on Bandwidth Usage Violations
- Blackout alerting & reporting capabilities
- Simple and fair price per device – no overuse hidden costs
- Complete and Modular Security Log Management
- Conversion of raw traffic into standard NetFlow records
- Application Performance Monitoring (Standard)
- Integrated true layer 2 discovery
Solarwinds does not. A more extensive comparison is available in our Whitepaper.
The fact that the capabilities of WhatsUp Gold and Orion are comparable, with a few differences, comes as no surprise given the ever-changing and evolving nature of technology in general. What you may not know is that, punch for punch, WhatsUp Gold comes out on top when you consider the overall cost of ownership. Solarwinds users pay higher acquisition and annual maintenance costs hands down when looking at comparable configurations.
For instance, an infrastructure with 200 network devices (> 2000 network interfaces managed) and 300 servers (>2000 separate monitors) to monitor would require two Orion Enterprise licenses, NPM ($20,975) and APM ($19,995), for a total of $40,970. A configuration with the same device and server count would only require the 500 device license of WhatsUp Gold Premium for $5,195. How do you like them apples?