By Kaitlyn Myers
Do you still have to manually document port-to-port connectivity and interdependencies between devices? If you do, then you know how wearisome, time consuming and prone to errors this process is. After all, you have better things to do than plowing through router configurations, device logs, Access Points, among others, and to conduct a tedious visual port-by-port connectivity verification and documentation to map topology information.
Did you know that WhatsConnected automates the process of discovering, mapping and documenting your entire infrastructure quickly and efficiently in a matter of minutes?
With WhatsConnected you can:
• Discover everything connected to your network–devices, servers, VMware virtual machines, VLANs and port-to-port connectivity–automatically or ad-hoc
• Map and visualize your network topology and interdependencies
• Access accurate network and server inventory information and network diagrams for audit and compliance-centric initiatives (SOX, HIPAA, PCI, FISMA and others)
• Document & archive your asset inventory (Routers, Switches, Wireless Access Points, Printers, Windows, Unix, Linux, Macintosh, Firewalls, Hubs, IP Phones, and more)
• Publish network topology maps through Microsoft® Visio™
And announced today – you can now install WhatsConnected wherever you need it! Together with WhatsUp Gold, on a system with a Microsoft® Visio™ license, on any server or workstation, or on a laptop – WhatsConnected provides flexible discovery, mapping and documentation on the go.
Intrigued? Learn more in our Product Tour video, try it free for 30 days, and join our live webinar on October 5th on Best Practices: How to Discover, Inventory and Map your Physical and Virtual Infrastructures.