By Lauren Smith
While going through some old marketing supplies the other day, I stumbled across “Ipswitch Network Monitoring for Dummies,” written by Robert Armstrong in 2007. I flipped through the book, which was very informative for some not-so-tech-savvy people, or network monitoring “dummies,” like myself. One chapter really caught my eye and I wanted to share the highlights with you:
“Top 10 Reasons to Use Network Monitoring”
- Know what is happening — Stay informed about the operation and connectivity of your devices and resources on your network
- Plan for upgrades or changes — Track which devices are constantly down so you can make appropriate changes with ease
- Diagnose problems quickly — Know exactly where the problem is, saving you time
- Show others what is going on — Graphical reports enable you to easily explain the health and activity on your network to others
- Know when to apply your disaster-recovery solutions — Without a network monitoring solution, you may not know there is a problem until it is too late
I will share the other five reasons in my next blog post – tomorrow, September 8th - so stay tuned!
Try WhatsUp Gold – the most intuitive, comprehensive, and cost-effective network management toolset available today!