What exactly is a geek? When you think of the typical geek, do you picture Steve Urkel or Steve Jobs? In fact, Miriam-Webster defines a geek as “a carnival performer often billed as a wild man.” This definitely is not the type of geek that comes to our minds.
Either way, be proud of your inner geek, for today is Embrace Your Geekness Day. Go ahead, play World of Warcraft all day. Or, for the office geek, celebrate and splurge on a pair of your very own USB cuff links!
You can even embrace your inner geek all summer long at these upcoming events:
- July 11-15: Superheroes around the world gather for San Diego Comic-Con.
- July 20: Christopher Nolan wraps up his epic Batman trilogy with the premier of The Dark Knight Rises.
- August 3-5: The best of the best meet in Las Vegas for the national Rubik’s Cube championships.
- August 23-26: Fans from galaxies far, far away will gather in Orlando for Star Wars Celebration VI.
- August 31-September 3: Atlanta’s Dragon*Con takes place, where gamers, fantasy and sci-fi geeks party all weekend long.
…Sounds like a packed schedule for geeks everywhere, Happy Embrace Your Geekness Day!