Two regional auto parts companies merged to increase their competitiveness with national chains and almost immediately ran into an unexpected problem. The IT manager tasked with consolidating the two companies’ network infrastructures found that neither company’s network monitoring products had Layer 2 and Layer 3 discovery capabilities that gave them enough detail to determine what devices to keep and which to upgrade and force them to spend more than they had budgeted for the project.
Subscribe to our Blog
How IT teams can thrive while dealing with complexity
- Tech Gurus Advise on FTP Compliance and Scaling IT for IoT at Ipswitch Innovate 2015
- Survey: IT Pros Concerned About Wearable Technology in the Workplace
- Network Ninja: Why Should You Care About Device Roles?
- Network Bandwidth Utilization: Right Amount, Right Place & Right Time
- Customers & IT pros, nominate yourself for an #Innovate15 award
- IT Pros’ Innovation Stories Rock
- Five Reasons to Attend Ipswitch Innovate 2015