By Lauren Smith
Ipswitch, Inc. is excited to announce that Tech Data has secured the position of exclusive value-added distributor (VAD) for Ipswitch, Inc.’s Network Management, Secure File Transfer, and Messaging divisions.
Channel expansion is a top strategic initiative for all three divisions of Ipswitch, Inc. Each division is making a significant investment in their channel programs in 2012 and improving on their existing comprehensive partner programs through the following initiatives:
- New state-of-the-art Partner Portal powered by Salesforce.com, which will provide partners with unprecedented visibility and management of their leads, deal registrations, opportunities, and service renewals.
- Improved in-depth technical training and certification programs.
- Doubling the size of the Channel Team to ensure partners receive the best account support in the industry.
- United the Inside Sales Teams with the Channel Partner Management Team. This alignment enables channel partners to collaborate with Inside Account Managers – the most knowledgeable product specialists – to be more successful in growing their business without any concern of partner deals being taken directly. Ipswitch is committed to maintaining channel integrity.
- Tech Data’s StreamOne License Selector will provide Ipswitch partners with more efficient processes for quoting and ordering and, therefore, improve the overall ease of doing business with Ipswitch and Tech Data.
Tech Data and Ipswitch have identified 200 key midmarket-focused solution providers across the country that they will initially target for an enhanced partner enablement program. This program will provide flexibility to partners to develop custom sales and marketing plans with Ipswitch and Tech Data that will work best within the partner business model, vertical, and geographic focus.