By Sean Barry
You’ve probably heard about the upcoming release of our brand new WhatsUp Gold Engineer’s Toolkit – but are you familiar with its Diagnostics and DNS Verification categories? What’s more is that it can remotely manage your devices, as well as configurations and credentials of Cisco devices in one application.
This all-encompassing application can support a number of remote network tasks including:
- Initiate a remote boot up – Boot any remote network device, PC, or server, no physical access required. Remote boot up works on devices powered on or off.
- Check remote TCP connectivity – Checks all active TCP sessions, remote or local, and lets you reset the TCP session on any device.
- Manage Cisco device credentials – Keeps track of all your Cisco type-7 encrypted passwords and even decrypts them if needed, providing you with a plain text version.
- Take charge of Cisco NetFlow configuration – From one central management point, you can easily configure and manage NetFlow on your Cisco devices.
Just like your household handyman’s toolkit, WhatsUp Gold Engineer’s Toolkit keeps the most essential tools in one place.
While we are putting the finishing touches on it you can stay up-to-date with release information through our advance notification sign-up. Plus, you will also be entered to win an iPad!
Want to learn more about the features of the WhatsUp Gold Engineer Toolkit? View our presentations:
By Kaitlyn Myers
Every true handyman has a toolkit – essentially just a holding place for all of his tools. These tools are key parts of any fix-it project: tightening up a bolt here, adjusting a crooked painting there, quieting the creaky door upstairs.
The Diagnostics and DNS Verification categories of the WhatsUp Gold Engineer’s Toolkit aren’t much different in funcionality than the toolkit you may use at home. The diagnostic tools, including Enhanced Ping, Trace Route, WAN Load Generator, Spam Blast, and SNMP Grapher, help network engineers diagnose a problem and implement the solution quickly and efficiently. The DNS Verification tools (DNS WhoIs Resolver, DNS Audit, DNS Analyzer) help locate and resolve DNS errors and ensure your DNS is mapped correctly.
The WhatsUp Gold Engineer’s Toolkit is great for quickly troubleshooting network issues ad-hoc; for more continuous scalable monitoring consider WhatsUp Gold. How’s that for IT Management Made Simple?
The new WhatsUp Gold Engineer’s Toolkit will arrive in late June. Want to be the first to know once its available? Sign up now and enter to win an iPad! Want to learn more about the Engineer’s Toolkit? Listen now!
By Greg Paul
The Dude network monitor is a new application by MikroTik which can dramatically improve the way you manage your network enviroment. It will automatically scan all devices within specified subnets, draw and layout a map of your networks, monitor services of your devices and alert you in case some service has problems.
Some of it’s features:
* The Dude is free of charge!
* Auto network discovery and layout
* Discovers any type or brand of device
* Device, Link monitoring, and notifications
* Includes SVG icons for devices, and supports custom icons and backgrounds
* Easy installation and usage
* Allows you to draw your own maps and add custom devices
* Supports SNMP, ICMP, DNS and TCP monitoring for devices that support it
* Individual Link usage monitoring and graphs
* Direct access to remote control tools for device management
* Supports remote Dude server and local client
* Runs in Linux Wine enviroment, MacOS Darwine, and Windows
* Best price/value ratio compared to other products (free of charge)