BYODs increase network density, bandwidth consumption and security risks
According to a Gartner study, 80% of recently installed corporate wireless networks will be obsolete by 2015. BYOD (Bring Your Own Devices) will be a contributing factor to this.
Your employees are introducing multiple devices onto your wireless network. They alternate between their notebooks, tablets and smartphones. As wireless becomes your primary user network, you need to deliver the availability and performance your users expected from the wired network. BYOD complicates this by increasing network density, bandwidth consumption and security risks.
You need to ask yourself:
- What is the impact of BYOD on my network availability and performance?
- What devices are my users introducing to the network?
- Are my users adhering to our bandwidth usage policies?
- Is my wireless network designed to handle future BYOD growth?
WhatsUp Gold provides the answers you need manage BYOD Growth and Complexity
Whatsup Gold tracks wireless users, their devices and usage habits to help you to develop and enforce effective BYOD policies. Easy-to-customize dashboards reduce BYOD complexity into ONE powerful view. Network managers can rapidly visualize, isolate and resolve BYOD issues before they impact wireless availability and performance:
- Layer 2/3 discovery finds all BYOD devices on your network
- Historical reporting tracks users and their wireless devices as they move throughout your network
- Network traffic and bandwidth monitoring identifies bandwidth usage patterns over time
Wireless network management with WhatsUp Gold helps network managers formulate and enforce effective BYOD policies needed to ensure the availability and performance of their wireless networks.