WhatsConnected is a cost-effective Layer 2/3 discovery, mapping, inventory, and
IT asset reporting solution. Use WhatsConnected to automatically discover, map,
inventory and document your network (devices, servers, workstations, virtual resources,
hardware, and software assets) and port-to-port connectivity in just minutes.
Using its powerful auto-discovery and dynamic mapping capabilities and simple one-click
integration with Visio™, your team will always have crucial information at its fingertips.
With WhatsConnected, you can easily document your network, topology maps and network
diagrams, ensure complete accuracy, and give your operations teams the power to
immediately visualize how everything is connected.
New in WhatsConnected v3.5!
WhatsConnected and WhatsUp Gold
- Full support for discovery and management of native IPv6 devices, including seed
discovery (Smartscan), native IPv4 devices, and dual-stack IPv4/IPv6 network environments
- Native IPv6 device support (it’s important enough to mention it twice)
- Improved Device Listing options to view devices by name, by IP, or by both
- Undo capability when changing Topology maps in case you made a mistake and want
to revert those changes
- More map display capabilities by allowing user configuration of device labels including
device hover-over information
- Advance Discovery settings – for the power users
- Ability to stop specific device collectors if they run longer than “x” minutes –
in manual or scheduled mode
- Include only specific VLANs in a discovery scan
- Ability to skip IP routes in a discovery scan
- Last, but not least, improved Cisco Nexus support to help manage this increasingly
WhatsUp Gold is a complete IT management solution with Layer 2/3 discovery and mapping
and IT asset reporting capabilities fully integrated into its web-based workspace.
WhatsConnected is a standalone Layer 2/3 discovery and mapping and IT asset reporting
solution. WhatsConnected’s topology maps and inventory data can be exported to WhatsUp
To learn more about the differences in WhatsConnected’s and WhatsUp Gold’s discovery
and mapping capabilities and how the solutions can complement one another, checkout
our FAQ page