Results of our survey
The 2010 World Cup in South Africa came to an exciting conclusion on July 11th with Spain winning its first ever World Cup with a 1-0 victory over the Netherlands. This date also marked the end of our World Cup survey. During the month long tournament network administrators from all over the world came to WhatsUp Gold
and reported the effect that the World Cup was having on their network bandwidth. We would like to thank everyone who participated in our survey.
- Over 1,200 responses
- Average bandwidth use hit 81% in participating nations
- Spain jumped to 95% which was over five times predicted; Holland saw bandwidth use hit 97% during key matches
- Europe-wide bandwidth use almost doubled from 40% to 76%
- Even the US was caught up in football fever with bandwidth use rising to 77% during key matches
Typical Problems Experienced
- Network disruption
- Pressure on internet connectivity
- Constrained WAN connectivity
- Heightened security risks from users visiting untrusted and unknown sites
- Loss of productivity with matches taking place during business hours
Ready to see for yourself how your bandwidth is consumed in your organization?