Wireless load balancing increases wireless network availability and performance
IT complexity is scaling up, while IT resources are scaling down
The wireless performance intermittently degrades for the users in the west end of your building and you don’t know why. It could be that this area is next to a large conference room and meeting attendees armed with their notebooks, iPads and Smartphones are congesting the local Access Point. You need to identify if your APs are oversubscribed and react quickly to improve performance before users complain.
You need to ask yourself:
- How do I know when my access points are congested?
- Is it because of oversubscription or another issue?
- Are there enough APs to support my users?
WhatsUp Gold provides the answers you need for effective wireless load balancing
WhatsUp Gold quickly tracks user activity and whether wireless availability is affected by too many users connecting to an AP. Easy-to-customize dashboards present access point metrics into ONE powerful view. Network managers can rapidly visualize, isolate and resolve oversubscription issues before they impact wireless availability and performance:
- Historical reporting on wireless associations over time so you can pinpoint exact areas where more APs are needed
- Real-time alerts notify you of AP oversubscription—know the moment too many users are trying to access a particular AP so you can quickly react
- Customizable dashboard reports display other key wireless metrics including signal-to-noise ratio, so you can identify if strained wireless performance is due to oversubscription or another issue altogether
Wireless network management with WhatsUp Gold helps network managers with wireless load balancing by rapidly identifying and resolving access point oversubscription.