Ipswitch has continued to roll out enhancements of WhatsUp Gold 2018 with the release of the third WhatsUp Gold update of the year.
WhatsUp Gold (WUG) 2018 Service Pack 3, which was generally available on October 28th, 2018, includes several key visibility and usability enhancements for WUG 2018, including a new Application performance monitoring (APM) overlay, and new device cards showing Network Traffic Analysis (NTA).
In this special edition of Defrag This, we got Mark Towler, Ipswitch's Senior Product Marketing Manager, and Jim Cashman, Ipswitch's Director of Product Management, to sit down and discuss the finer points of the new update and its new features.
Key Features of WhatsUp Gold 2018 Service Pack 3
- A new APM overlay gives an at-a-glance status of all monitored applications.
- A New APM interface in Device Cards allows for one-click access to APM dashboards and controls.
- Get more control over assigning monitors to device interfaces and ports during discovery.
- Get improved usability via a redesigned view of Device Group Mini Status.
- Support for Cisco Meraki Firewall and Cisco Meraki Security Appliance.
- Now, you can run executables directly from the Admin Console.
- Support for OpsGenie incident creation action.
Specific details on all improvements in this service pack can be found in the WhatsUp Gold 2018 release notes here. WhatsUp Gold 2018 Service Pack 3 is a free upgrade for all customers with an active service agreement and is available in the My Products section.