Progress WhatsUp Gold and Progress Chef are in the running for an IP Insider IT Award and a Dev Insider IT Award, respectively. The winners will be decided by you, our users and partners, who are the main source of inspiration and motivation for us to keep getting better. Vote now and help us come out on top!
We are thrilled to share that after winning its fifth consecutive IP Insider Award in 2020, Progress WhatsUp Gold is once again nominated in the Network Monitoring category. But that’s not all—this time around, Progress Chef is in the running for a Dev Insider IT Award in the DevOps category.
Both IP Insider and Dev Insider are leading tech publications in Germany. Annually, these journals recognize the products that are making a positive impact on the industry and helping numerous businesses excel.
IP Insider Awards and Dev Insider Awards are part of the 2021 IT Awards, organized by the seven insider portals: IP Insiders, BigData Insiders, CloudComputing Insiders, DataCenter Insiders, Dev Insider, Security Insiders and Storage Insiders. While the editors of IP Insider and Dev Insider select the nominees, the winners are decided based on a public vote—which is where your input comes in. Since you know the value of our products best, let's show the power of our community and give Progress WhatsUp Gold and Progress Chef the acknowledgment they deserve.
How to Vote
The website is in German, but the voting process is straightforward. You have until Aug. 31 to make your choice. Here’s what you need to do:
- Click on the awards website ( Progress WhatsUp Gold and Progress Chef).
- Click on “Los geht’s” (let’s go) to open the voting form.
- The next screen explains that you can vote for one product per category and that you’re allowed to skip a category. The winners will be announced on Oct. 14 during a gala ceremony. To proceed to the voting, click the “OK” button.
- Scroll down until you reach Netzwerk Monitoring / Network Monitoring OR DevOps. In both forms, this is the third category.
- Choose the Progress logo to vote.
- Scroll down until you reach the red button saying “weiter” (next). Click on it.
- You’ll see a screen with the publication’s Editor in Chief. The text under the photo asks if you would like to be informed via newsletter about the results of the voting and other IT-related topics. Click “Ja” (Yes) if you want to subscribe, or click “Nein” (No) if you don’t.
- Once you click, the screen will take you to a list of topics you can subscribe to. Feel free to skip it if you didn’t sign up for the newsletter. Scroll down until you reach the red button saying “weiter” (next). Click on it.
- You’ll see a screen with a picture of a drone. The text says that the drone will be given away on a lottery basis to one of the participants.
- Scroll down to the red button saying “Umfrage abschließen” to submit your vote.
To date, Progress WhatsUp Gold has won an IP Insider award in the network monitoring category five times in a row. It was also recently named a Leader in G2’s Winter 2021 Grid® Report for Network Management, ranking first out of 18 vendors. Additionally, SoftwareReviews announced Progress WhatsUp Gold as a Network Monitoring Emotional Footprint Champion both in 2020 and 2021, and PC Magazine called it the Best Network Monitoring Software for 2021.
With its class-leading compliance capabilities, Progress Chef is a preferred stack of software automation tools for teams. By adopting a DecSecOps approach in delivering and maintaining agile, secure infrastructure and applications, developers can use Progress Chef to enhance their collaboration efforts. Most recently, Progress Chef was recognized by Computing’s 2020 Security Excellence Awards and received an American Business Award in the DevOps Solution category. It also made the Constellation ShortList for DevOps for Q1 2021. Progress Chef became part of the Progress product portfolio following the acquisition of Chef in September 2020.
We are here because of you and your support means a lot to us. Don’t hesitate—cast your votes for Progress WhatsUp Gold and Progress Chef today.