Network Performance Management for Today’s Digital Enterprise
IT operations teams often struggle to assemble an effective network performance management (NPM) toolkit, because the market is increasingly complex. There are at least half a dozen classes of technologies that claim to manage network performance, yet they all offer very different views of the network. Moreover, the number of NPM use cases is expanding. Network operations monitoring, network troubleshooting, and network capacity planning remain core use cases. However, enterprises also use NPM tools for security monitoring and cloud application migration assessments.
This summary of new EMA research offers a guide to evaluating NPM technologies and establishing a tool strategy that meets every use case an enterprise might have for such solutions.
EMA’s report includes research results on:
- Essential network data: What data sources (packets, flows, device metrics, etc.) do enterprises apply to different NPM use cases
- Multi-tool correlation: How IT organizations assemble a toolset and correlate insights across discrete tools
- Operational insight: How IT organizations correlate NPM-based insights with application performance, end-user experience, and security
- Technology initiatives: Which IT initiatives and network technology projects are impacting NPM tool strategies
- Tool Requirements: What NPM tool features and functions deliver maximum value to enterprises
Download the report summary today!